Friday, August 2, 2013

FROG

FROG is an acronym for "Fully Rely on God"

Is it possible to fully rely on God? I believe it is. I think many people take this statement the wrong way. I should rely on God to supply my needs and take care of me just as Jesus said He did for the sparrow, and the flowers of the fields. As he did for the Israelite people in the wilderness, Elijah, or Daniel. In each of these later instances God provided for the person, yet a little work on their part had to be done. The Israelite people had to go out and gather just enough manna from what the Lord provided. Elijah had to seek out the widow woman who supplied him bread, and Daniel had to be faithful and diligently pray even when the odds were against him.

God wants to give us all we need to allow us to live the life He has for us. We can't sit back and expect it to fall in our laps. We need to "pray like it depends on God and work like it depends on us." (Mark Batterson) So it means taking a leap of faith, and being a FROG! Jump out into the pond and swim like you know how too. God will do the rest.

Lord Help me to jump... Give me the wisdom to follow the path you have provided and to be content in all that I have. Help me to use it to your honor and glory.

The Quote:
"Therefore, humble yourself under the might hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time, casting all your care upon Him for He cares for you." ~I Peter 5:6-7
The Drawing:


  

No comments:

Post a Comment