Monday, August 5, 2013

GRIND

This summer has been too fast. I guess the old saying, "Time flies when you are having fun!" is true. In many ways I wish I didn't have to go back to work, yet I know that is not possible yet. So I go back to the "grind".

Now, I could mean to use the word grind in a negative way, because working is so hard and that would be true. It is hard to get up before the rooster calls and inspire little children to want to learn. To teach them the things they need to be successful in life. It is even harder when you can't reach some no matter what or when you know some of their little lives are so full of sadness at such young ages. A job like teaching can be very hard, and it becomes a grind.

I could also mean it in a good way. I want to go back to the grind. I want to be ground up and a little bit of who I am be given to each and every person I come in contact with. A part given that helps give them hope, love, or encouragement. I want them to come away from this year of school knowing that I truly care for them and that a piece of me will forever be with them. I want to be ground up like pepper and sprinkled on the lives of those I teach and work with so that their lives may be seasoned and full of taste!

Lore, help me be an encouragement, let me give hope, love, and knowledge to all those I teach and work with. Help me be seasoning for their lives. Grind me up and share me with them all Lord.

The Quote:
"In any profession it gets to be a grind" ~Denzel Washington
The Drawing:

 

1 comment: