Thursday, August 15, 2013

TRUTH

Okay, before I begin ranting today I have to say something. I raised myself in an Independent Fundamental Baptist Church from the age of 11 until I around 23. I went to an Independent Fundamental Baptist College and received a Bachelor Degree. I have nothing against that group or people who believe in fundamental ideas. I believe many of them myself. This one thing hit me today a little wrong and I have to talk about it... so here goes!

The Bible is the inspired WORD of GOD! I believe that with all my heart... the Bible has the answers to all the questions of this world in some way or another, it is TRUTH. Now here is the thing,
 "The Bible was inscribed over a period of 2000 years, in times of war and in days of peace, by kings, physicians, tax collectors, farmers, fishermen, singers, and shepherd...." ~Casting Crowns - "The Word is Alive"
It contains, history, philosophy, love stories, fiction (parables are technically fictions to get a point across), laws, biographies, poetry, songs, and many other works of literature. It is still Truth. It was written in a time when I doubt the English language was even a language yet. Most of the Old Testament was written in Hebrew, while the New Testament was written in Greek. For many years, the books of the bible were copied over and over, even the Kings of the Old Testament were told to copy the manuscripts by their own hand and keep it close to their heart. So for someone to say that one certain version of the English Bible is the only true Bible that bothers me a bit. God says,
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, Nor are your ways my ways." says the Lord. "For as the heavens are higher that the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts higher than your thoughts." "For as the rain comes down, and the snow from heaven, and do not return there, but water the earth, and make it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower and bread to the eater, so shall My word be that goes forth from my mouth; It shall not return to Me void, But it shall accomplish what I please, and it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it."  ~Isaiah 55:8-11
If we should think that any Bible is the pure truth it should be the original text. With that said, I do believe God inspired some men to bring the Bible together the way He wanted it. I believe that many translations of the Bible have been written because God has allowed it so that ALL can hear, have hope, understand, seek wisdom, guidance, and find the Love of the Savior! (2 Timothy 3:15-17; Romans 15:4; Hebrews 4:12; I Peter 2:2; Psalm 119:10-11)

The Bible even says we are to interpret the word for ourselves (2 Timothy 2:15). I know that the Holy Spirit is still working today and He inspires people to interpret God's word in a way that they can understand. Just like I am doing now. I know many people will not agree with me, and I will admit I am not perfect I do not know the answer... I believe that The Word of God is Truth and will not return void, even if it isn't filled with thee's and thou's, or if it has common language so someone just learning to read can understand it, it is God's word. He has allowed these other versions of His Word to enter the world, I think He has done it so that MANY will come to a knowledge of Him.

Now all this started because a friend of mine posted something about the New King James Version of the Bible not being the same as the King James Version and how it is causing problems. God has allowed both to be in print and neither one of them are the original text, I believe they are both inspired by God, as the New International, The Amplified Version, The Phillips Translation, The Message, Good News for Modern Man, and I could go on and on... People, I believe it doesn't matter what translation of the Bible we use as long as it tells the Story of Jesus and leads us to a closer walk with Him. God's Word will not come back void!

The Quote:
"So shall My word be that goes forth from my mouth; It shall not return to Me void, But it shall accomplish what I please, and it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it."  ~Isaiah 55:11
The Drawing:


No comments:

Post a Comment