Sunday, July 21, 2013

INSECURITY

Have you ever been insecure, feeling like you just aren't able to do or say the right things. That everything you touch will turn to rumble. That you can't possible be a useful person or that everyone is out to get you. I feel that way sometimes, actually more than I would like to admit. I think if we were honest we all feel that way at times.

When I saw the quote for today I was wondering how that works together. I have to say I am not sure how a lack of transparency results in distrust and insecurity. If I put my thought, feelings, myself out there for someone else to see and they stomp on it... it seems that would lead to more distrust and insecurity. I have been there, it is not fun and I am sure we all have. I mean writing this blog and my other one, I have been pretty transparent, I have opened up here and let people see a lot of what I believe, and who I am. So why then am I still feeling insecure, could it be that my faith is wavering, or that some issues that I have come face to face with in the past week are troubling me.

I know that I need to let God help me through the times of insecurities and when I get to the other side I will be a better person for having dealt with them. It is hard to push through, to pray through, to step out and move on. Has writing this and being transparent in a way helped, maybe only time will tell.

The Quote:
"A lack of transparency results in distrust and a deep sense of insecurity." ~Dalai Lama 
The Drawing:

No comments:

Post a Comment