Saturday, July 6, 2013

MEDIATOR

Have you ever had a time in your life when you could not talk to someone without a mediator, someone to smooth out the edges and keep everyone calm.  Most of the time I tend to handle the situation myself face to face, if the situation can not be worked out then I usually just forget about dealing with it. The later option usually causes problems.

In our spiritual lives we because of sin can not approach the throne of God without a mediator. That is why Jesus gave us the Holy Spirit to dwell in our heart, spirit, and soul.  He makes intercession with Jesus who approaches God with our prayers. The Holy Spirit knows our thoughts and prayers better than we do... he interprets what we have to say, what our desires are, and our needs.

I thank God that this interaction between us and Him is not like the game we used to play where one person whispers a message to a person who whispers to the next and the next.... at the end the message is usually all messed up and really silly. The Holy Spirit, Jesus, and God never mess the messages up! If we throw someone else in the mix things may get messed up.

It is okay to ask someone to pray for you, I like to always give and get specifics when possible so that no mistakes are made. I know that if I am praying with the proper attitude the Holy Spirit will get it right! Thank God! Because if it was left up to me to get it right I would fail every time!

Thank-you God for giving us the ability to pray to you and that you always hear it and know exactly what we are asking because your Spirit and Son make intercession for us!

The Quote:
"For there is one God and one Mediator between God and men, the Man Christ Jesus," ~I Timothy 2:5
The Drawing:



No comments:

Post a Comment