Thursday, July 18, 2013

FRIENDS

The Quote:
"Make new friends, but keep the old one is silver and the other gold." 
This song has been part of my life since I was in girl scouts many, many years ago. We sang it at almost every meeting I think. I hold it as a life truth, we should make new friends but not neglect the ones we have.

I have many friends some I talk to daily, some not as often. Some are work friends and some are life friends. I have friends who I call on when I am in need and those that call on me when they are in need. Friendship is an important part of life, with out friends life would be just a little boring I think. The bible says many things about friendship. Today in reading Proverbs 18 verse 24 was there; "A man who has friends must show himself friendly, But there is a friend that sticks closer than a brother." This is one of the verses that I have memorized over the years. It also means a lot to me.

Jesus is the friend that sticks closer than a brother. Don't misunderstand, friends here on earth can be close as brothers, the thing is they will let you down. Jesus never will, even if it seems as though He has. When I feel this way it is usually me who has let Jesus down or rather walked away from Him. Jesus is a friend that I want to spend time with everyday, just like my friends in the physical realm I want to talk to him, and share issues, problems, thoughts, and laugh too.

I made some new friends on my trip to Croatia, and hope that we can keep in touch through out the rest of this life and into eternity. My "old" friends, you are all very special to me too, and I am glad we are friends. I have cherished each and every one of you and will continue to for all eternity. I am so thankful God has given me the friends that I have. I am thankful for my Best friend Jesus, who laid down His life for me and everyone who has ever and will ever live!

The Drawing:

No comments:

Post a Comment