Wednesday, July 31, 2013

SAY

Does every word that you say glorify God, is it true, does it build someone up, or teach them? Those are some questions to ask yourself before you say anything. All the words that come from my mouth should glorify God first and foremost. If they don't I should not utter them. They should be true, as far as I know it but then if I don't know something to be true or if it is true but will hurt someone I should keep them to myself. Are the words I am about to say going to build a person up or teach them or are they going to hurt them and cause them to fall. I try really hard to be kind, and say only the things that need to be said, I don't accomplish this many time, I do try!

The thing is I think, people forget that the words they type on a computer or a phone are words that were spoken. As you thought them they came out just as if you had said them. Should you voice, type, or say everything you think? The Bible says, "Let the words of my mouth and the meditations of my heart be acceptable in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalms 19:14

Lord help me to let this be true in my life. Lead me to say the things you would have me to say and do the things that I should do.

The Quote:
"Before you speak ask yourself: Is it kind, is it necessary, it is true, does it improve upon the silence?" ~ Shirdi Sai Baba
The Drawing:

No comments:

Post a Comment