Wednesday, July 24, 2013

NERVOUS

Today, I travel to my father's church, there giving a presentation about the trip to Croatia and the work God did there. I have to give another presentation on Sunday evening at my church. I am nervous to say the least. I do not like to speak in front of people, I get flustered and off track, I would never make a good preacher.

You may be thinking but you are a teacher, you speak everyday to people, what is the difference? There is a big difference in speaking to children and speaking to adults. Also, on the first day of my classes, I am nervous. Even teaching Sunday School I get nervous, if it weren't for prayer and studying I would probably not make it through those classes. Public speaking is different, I still study, prepare, and pray before those times, I am just more nervous. I don't think there has been a time when I have ever calmed down as I spoke. I stay nervous all through the "speech." It has a lot to do with wanting to impart truth not speculation. I believe what I have prepared for this presentation is the truth, so I shouldn't be nervous, I am...

God, you do not give us a spirit of fear, you give us power, love and a sound mind (2 Timothy 1:7). I pray that today (and Sunday) you will help me to present the truth. To tell your story the way you want it told. Thank you for you strength and love.

The Quote:
"Anything you can suck at should make you nervous." ~Chris Rock
The Drawing:

 

1 comment: