Thursday, August 1, 2013

ALONE

I should only care about what God wants and needs from me, not people, right. Not really, at least not totally.

It is hard to just look to God for love and acceptance. We are creatures who were created to love, share, and embrace each other and God. We desire to have others in our lives because He created us to. He created us to love Him first and foremost, and love others as much as if not better than ourselves.

I am alone here in my house with my pets. Some would say if I have pets I should not feel alone... well I do, pets don't talk much and even if my cat does like to hug it is not a substitute for having a person to talk to and be around. Then I when I seek out people to talk to even if it is here online I feel like I am being a bother or a pest. Everyone I know in town have family and friends they "hang" out with, and I feel like a third wheel. If I try to start a group for a bible study or just getting together, one maybe two people show up. And that is great! those groups don't last long though. I want to start another bible study, the thing is that most everyone I know is so busy with children, grandchildren, obligations and other things to get together. I will try though, and I have to realize that if it doesn't work out it is not a rejection of me, it is a conflict of time and interest. That is the hard part for me, I look at it as being my fault. I just wish I didn't have to stay by myself so much is all.

Lord, help me to be content with being alone when I have to be. In those times help me to see you as my comfort and friend. Help me to happy to be with people when I am.

The Quote:
"Pray that your loneliness may spur you into finding something to live for, great enough to die for." ~ Dag Hammarskjold
 The Drawing:


No comments:

Post a Comment