Tuesday, August 20, 2013

SIMPLE

Simple, easy, laid back.... that is the way we all want life to be, so why is life so difficult. We make it difficult is the reason. We allow it to be that way. Life can me simple if we would stop making it so hard. So how do we do that?

I believe we make life hard by making rules, boundaries, expectations, and obstacles we can not possible keep. I am not saying we should not have them, the problem is that we have too many and the bars are set too high. The Israelite people in the old testament were given a set of laws from God. They added a bunch too them, most of which could never have been kept. In fact the bible says in Romans that the law was given to show us our sin. There is no way a person could keep all of the over 600 laws in the old testament.

Jesus was asked, which is the greatest commandment (Matthew 22), and he answered by saying that the first and greatest was Love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, and mind. Then he said and the second is like it love others as you love yourself. He went on to say that on these two hang all the other laws. This means, to me, that we only need two rules; Love God and Love others. If we can do this we will have a simple life. Treat people the way you want to be treated and Love God the way He should be loved, which means we do everything to glorify and honor Him. Now that is simple right? The problem is we add things to it, we try to make it about us instead of about Him, Pride gets in the way. Like, I have to give this much money so I can give the most, or hug this many people so people will see how much I care, or work at the homeless shelter so many hours, so people will know I am volunteering a lot. God just said to love Him, give Him what you can in a way that will honor and glorify Him. He will lead you in the things that will do that if you let Him and in the process we learn to love others. If you do it for His glory you can't get in the way and make it hard.

Lord, I want my life to be simple. I simply want to Love, Honor, and Glorify you with all that I do. I want to Love others like I love myself, actually better than I love myself. I want to do this with out pride. Lord, lead and guide me in this, I know I can not do it on my own, help me Lord to live a simple life.

The Quote:
"Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated." ~Confucius 
The Drawing:

No comments:

Post a Comment