Tuesday, August 13, 2013

WILL

This would have been my Mother's 75th Birthday today.... Happy Birthday Mom!

The Quote:
"In everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you." ~ I Thessalonians 5:18

Will: desire, wish, appetite, passion...

A will, we all have one. We have hopes and dreams we wish for them to come true. We desire to have many things. We have a passion for something, an appetite. Our will changes over time. Our passions, appetite, desires, and wishes change for many reasons.

I have a passion for teaching, and I desire to continue to teach even after I retire from that profession. That was not always my passion, desire, or wish. When I was little I wanted to be a Veterinarian just like Daktari. I don't imagine many of you will remember that show, it was one of my favorites growing up. As I grew, I wanted to couple that with working with people as a Missionary. Then God interjected His Will for my life and called me to be a Missionary, not as a Veterinarian, but as a teacher and not in another country, but in my own. Our passions and desires change over time. I have been doing that mission work for 30 years. Now after 30 years, I have had the opportunity to go to a country not my own and teach. At first I was reluctant to go.... Now, I desire to continue doing that if it is God's Will.

God has a perfect will for each person's life. First and foremost it is that every person come to know Him as their one and only God. After that, He needs us to work to further His Kingdom, His perfect will for our lives will always provide opportunities to draw people to Him. Does God want me to go back to Croatia? Does He want me to go to teach English, or something else? Will He guide me in what He wants me to do? I believe He will, I need to let my will be His will. I need to be willing to give up everything to follow Him. God has a Will for my life... I want to be in the center of that will!

The Drawing:



No comments:

Post a Comment