Saturday, January 11, 2014

Want to join me?

Today, I am more than half way through reading "The Daniel Plan" by Rick Warren and others. I am planning to start the 40 days as soon as I finish the book. Here is the thing... I need "friends". Let me explain.

I used to be a PE (physical education) teacher and coach, but my ankles were ruined in the process, so I had to give up the physical part of my profession. I never thought I would have a heart problem, even though I had gained weight. In November 2012 at the age of 53, I had my second heart attack. I had another almost 5 years earlier. I have a sick heart and for myself, my God, and my family I want to get healthy. A nurse friend of mine suggested I read the Spectrum and try to live according to that life style. I became a semi-vegetarian and started exercising more, and following the plan. In that plan they wish you to watch your food, meditate, exercise, and love. It is mostly like the Daniel Plan which has 5 F's.... Faith, Food, Focus, Fitness, and Friends. In the spectrum, meditation is or can be both faith and focus. My issue is the last one. I have friends that will walk with me on occasion, but I think it needs to be more. I have friends I talk to about stuff but it needs to be different.

In both of the plans mentioned, having someone working the plan with you is very important. Someone you can and have to be accountable too. Someone who gets the struggles you are going through. And I don't think that person has to be where you live (although that would be more beneficial), it needs to be someone you can trust, someone you care about, and that cares about you, and someone willing to hold you accountable and encourage you and accept you holding them accountable and encouraging them. I am praying for some people like that or at least one to join me in this journey.

The spectrum helped me lose weight, and if the studies are right I would have lost more had I had the friendship factor... I need to get healthy... does anyone want to join me?

Lord, thank-you for the life I have today. It is truely because of your grace that I am still alive. I want to honor you everyday with my life and love you with all my being. Please Lord help me find friends to walk this journey with, to strength our lives for you!

"Two are better than one, because they have good reward for their labor. For if they fall, one will lift up his companion. But woe to him who is alone when he falls for he has no one to lift him up." ~Ecclesiastes 4:9-10  

4 comments: