Thursday, May 30, 2013

OUTWARD

Inspiration for the blog entry and drawing today came from Lex Wilson.

In life we all wish to touch the lives of others and to leave a legacy when we depart. There are things that must happen for this to be accomplished.

It all begins in the middle. That is in us, in the middle of us, in our hearts. I believe that to truly be able to love and care for ourselves and others we first have to have God in our lives. In our being, to be our center, our core, our middle. Without the middle we are nothing, as far as I see it. I Corinthians 13 says,
"Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal. And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, but have not love, it profits me nothing." 
I John 4:8 says,
"He who does not love does not know God, for God is love."
We have to have God to have Love. Then our lives grow outward from there.

With our middle where it should be we grow outward to first love ourselves which upon getting to know God that quickly should change to loving others before ourselves. Now we have grown outward some more. As we reach out to others our middle grows and touch more and more lives. Our loves grows until it can hardly be contain, it reaches upward to God, and outward to others, and then inward to ourselves. It starts in the middle and grows outward!
 
The Quote:
"I started in the middle and worked outwards"~Lex Wilson
The Drawing:


Extra: King and Country "The Proof of Your Love"


No comments:

Post a Comment