Friday, May 17, 2013

ORDINARY

Ordinary (adjective)
"1. of a kind to be expected in the normal order of events 2. having or constituting immediate or original jurisdiction; also : belonging to such jurisdiction 3. of common quality, rank, or ability 4. deficient in quality"
I am reading a book called "Creative is a Verb" by Patti Digh. I picked it up in a shop in the Denver Airport last weekend on my long layover. I has a lot of interesting things to offer. It is important to be creative in our lives, as adults many of us forget to throw off the complexities of life every once and a while and be ordinary. When we are ordinary we can create. I do not like the last definition of the word listed above, I do not believe that ordinary is deficient in quality. I believe just the opposite, when we are ordinary we are our real selves and should strive to be that all the time. I do not want to put on a show, or be someone I am not. The world expects that of us too often. I want to be the person I am supposed to be to live life as ordinarily as I can. Be ordinary and be yourself, live life the way you are! Lord help me to be the ordinary person I am supposed to be.

The Quote:
"My ordinary is unique to me." ~Patti Digh "Creative is a Verb"
The Drawing:

No comments:

Post a Comment