Wednesday, May 8, 2013

TRAGEDY

I know you all are probably think where did that word come from. I think it will be evident when you continue reading.

I have been reading "Draw the Circle" by Mark Batterson, I am very glad so far. This book is a 40 day prayer challenge, I started it on May 1st, and the 40 days will be up on June 9th, the Sunday before I leave for my trip to Croatia. That does not mean I will quit praying! The book has been a blessing, in it the writer speaks to the way we should pray and step out on faith if we want answers from God.

This idea of drawing a circle was not started with this writer. He actually wrote about Honi the circle maker. He was a Jewish man who prayed for rain in a time of drought, he was very brash with God, He drew a circle on the ground and told God He was not leaving the circle until it rained, and not just any rain, a downpour that would heal the land. I found a little video about it. This man is not unlike Elijah praying for fire to burn the sacrifice that was soaked with water. Elijah stepped out on faith, and ask God for a miracle, He got it! The Tragedy is that to often we are afraid to ask God for what we really need or want, to ask him for our dreams and desires. He said that he would give us the desires of our hearts if we only asked, BELIEVING! there is the key. I believe God wants me in Croatia this summer, so I stepped out and started moving toward that end, all the while praying for God to supply, and He has mightly!

Thank-you Lord for all you have done, are doing, and will do for this trip to Croatia. Please help me to know who and what to pray for and help me have the faith to step out and take hold of all you have for me.

The Quote:
"The greatest tradegy in life is the prayers that go unanswered simply because they go unasked." ~Mark Batterson

The Drawing:

No comments:

Post a Comment