Saturday, May 25, 2013

VOICE

I know I didn't post yesterday. Time Got away from me :(

I was reading in my devotion for the 40 day prayer challenge yesterday and this was the topic. The point was made that if you want to find your voice for God then you have to be able to hear His voice. Is it an audible voice, probably not, although that doesn't mean that it can't be. God could physically reach out and touch each and everyone of us if He wanted or needed too. So I believe He could speak to us. He does speak to us any time we need to hear Him, the key is listening. Tuning our hearts and minds to Him. His word speaks to us, we can't find our voice without studying His word.

His Spirit Speaks to us through our spirit, most of the time that little voice in your head that is telling you not to do something that is potentially harmful or could hurt you testimony... that would be the spirit. Do I believe that the devil has a little demon sitting on your shoulder arguing with the spirit in you, YES! It is called self! He uses our own wants and desires against our spirit and causes us to war inside. The voice of the spirit is a still small voice, you have to be quite to hear it.

I want to have a Voice that proclaims the Glory of God and uplifts people in a way that they see Jesus in me. I have a long way to go, with God's help I will be who He wants me to be with a voice that is pleasing to Him. Thank-you Lord for helping me to have the strength and desire to want to accomplish this.

The Quote:
"Then He said, “Go out, and stand on the mountain before the Lord.” And behold, the Lord passed by, and a great and strong wind tore into the mountains and broke the rocks in pieces before the Lord, but the Lord was not in the wind; and after the wind an earthquake, but the Lord was not in the earthquake; and after the earthquake a fire, but the Lord was not in the fire; and after the fire a still small voice." ~I Kings 19:11-12
The Drawing:

No comments:

Post a Comment