Friday, May 3, 2013

GOOD THINGS

Good things, seems that was a similar verse not to long ago.... Philippians 4:8-9 seem to list a lot of "Good Things". Those that are true, noble, pure, lovely, of good report, and praiseworthy. Okay, so what what are some actual good things that we should do in the sight of all men?

Maybe we could pray, not in a way to draw attention to ourselves, for meals in restaurants, if we see something that  needs prayer, a silent bow of the head. We can listen to uplifting music, or let people pass in front of us who seem to be in a hurry. Open the door for someone instead of pushing through first. Not gossip and when someone else is walk away or politely ask them to stop. If we see someone else do a good thing tell them how we thought it was good and nice. Praise people when they deserve it yet not in a way to make them have a big head. Hug a child when they need one. Tell someone how much they mean to you. Do something nice for someone who hasn't always been nice to you.

It always seem I get in too big of a hurry to realize just how much good I could do it I would only slow down. I rush around and get in my own little world, then I get abrupt with people and don't act the way I should toward anyone. God frowns on that so much and I have to learn to slow down and not take MYSELF so seriously! I need more good things in my life, more up lifting things.... That makes me think of a good song by Todd Agnew.

The Quote:
"Have regard for good things in the sight of all men." ~Romans 12:17b
The Drawing:

No comments:

Post a Comment