Monday, May 6, 2013

ENEMY

When I was reading this morning another verse of set of verses stood out. We have been talking a lot here in my blog and in my church about them. I am beginning to think it is a message that a lot of people need to hear. In Proverbs 6:16-19 Solomon says 
"These six things the Lord hates, Yes, seven are an abomination to Him: A proud look, A lying tongue, Hands that shed innocent blood, A heart that devises wicked plans, Feet that are swift in running to evil, A false witness who speaks lies, And one who sows discord among brethren." 
Do you see what all of these have to do with? Treating people correctly. Solomon does not distinguish between the people who treat us right or the people who treat us wrong, he simple says, God hates these things and the last one is an abomination to Him. God wants us to live in harmony, with all people. He does not want us to be proud, He does not want us to lie, He does not want us to kill people, He does not want us to be devising wick plans or being a false witness and He definitely does not want us to create friction between others. God wants harmony, he wants everyone to love each other, unfortunately with human beings in the way that is a nearly impossible task. God never said I had to like everyone, He said I had to love them. There is a difference.
  
Lord help me to love all people the way you want me to even if I don't like them. Help me not to be the one that cause friction between your children. 
 
The Quote:
Therefore, “If your enemy is hungry, feed him; If he is thirsty, give him a drink; For in so doing you will heap coals of fire on his head.” Romans 12:20
The Drawing:

No comments:

Post a Comment