Sunday, May 5, 2013

AVENGE

 Avenge:
  1. Inflict harm in return for (an injury or wrong done to oneself or another)
  2. Inflict such harm on behalf of (oneself or someone else previously wronged or harmed)
Okay, there are times when we want to avenge the wrongs that have come to us.  God says that we are not to avenge the evils, He will. What happened to an eye for an eye.... When God had that put in the bible, I believe He meant, He would take care of it. It is not always going to be when we want it to be, in the end, God will have the LAST word. We are supposed to give place to wrath, well in my "human" mind if I give place to something then it has control. I am so glad this is talking about spiritually giving it place, and in that sense God wants us to give it place outside our minds and hearts. Put it away, do not give it the ability to take over our thoughts and hearts. Anger and revenge only bring heartache and pain. Let God take control of those situations that you feel you have been wronged in and let Him take care of it. I know easier said than done....

Lord, Help me to give you control of every aspect of my life, even the pain and hurt, the times when I want to take revenge...all of it!

The Quote:
"Beloved, do not avenge yourselves, but rather give place to wrath; for it is written, “Vengeance is Mine, I will repay,”says the Lord." Romans 12:19
 The Drawing:

No comments:

Post a Comment