Tuesday, May 21, 2013

ROBOT

Have you ever felt like a robot. Just kind of going through the business of getting your work done without a thought. There have been many times I have felt this way. It seems more and more that the education system is wanting it's teachers to be that way. They are told what to teach, understandable, and told how to teach it, not so understandable. The people in the bureaucracy of education have long since been gone from the classroom, if they ever were there. They are making policies that our children are having to suffer for. The person in the trenches, the ones who see their kids daily, who understand how those kids learn best should be allowed to make those decisions.

Now, don't get me wrong, I love my job, and I have a fairly easy time with what I teach. I am worried about the classroom teachers who have to jump through hoops and put on dog and pony shows to stay on the good side of the education system.The real problem is when you hold a person's job over their head if they can't get their students to score a certain score on a test. Especially, when the teacher and students weren't given the opportunity to teach and learn the material in a manner suited to their growth and development. Teachers are being pushed to their limits, and burning out faster that you know. There are less people going into the education field now for the simple fact they don't want to be dictated too. They know that it would be just a job, instead of the mission it should be. Teachers of the past were in the profession for much more than a pay check, loving and guiding students is what it is supposed to be about. It is no longer that way, and that saddens me.

Maybe the educational bureaucracy should purchase some robots to fulfill their mission of teaching. Then they wouldn't have to worry about the job getting done the way they want it done.

The Quote:
"I am not a robot. I have a heart and I bleed."
~Serena Williams
The Drawing:

No comments:

Post a Comment