Sunday, February 24, 2013

MEDITATE

Meditate:
: to engage in contemplation or reflection
: to engage in mental exercise (as concentration on one's breathing or repetition of a mantra) for the purpose of reaching a heightened level of spiritual awareness
: to focus one's thoughts on : reflect on or ponder over
: to plan or project in the mind 

Many times when I think of meditating I think about the second definition, someone in a Yoga Position humming or chanting. That form of meditation is very helpful at times, I used to do the Sun Salutation (Beginning Yoga) every morning and as I moved through the positions I would pray. I need to start doing that again even if I have to get up earlier.  That is not the meditation that is mentioned in the quote. This meditate means to think, to reflect, to keep at the front of your mind. 

God wants us to be safe from the arrows and darts of Satan. He wants us to be unspotted by the world and to stand out as a light to those around us. In order to do that we need to meditate on his word and all the things listed in the verses. He wants us to remember Him throughout the day, not just when we are studying. I need to learn to think more about His word all day, maybe then I will learn to be less of a darkened light.

The Quote:

"Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things.  The things which you learned and received and heard and saw in me, these do, and the God of peace will be with you." ~Philippians 4:8-9
The Drawing:

 

No comments:

Post a Comment