Thursday, February 7, 2013

JUDGE

I am participating in a Bible study called "Mercy Triumphs". I can say it has not always been or will be a joyful journey. It is about the book of James (my favorite book) and he can really stomp on your toes. One lesson in particular this week was a doozie.

"Who are you to judge another?" James 4:12b  I am guilty of judging others I admit that. It is not verbalized usually, I do so in my heart and thoughts. I need to stop and judge myself before I judge another. Why should I complain about the speck on one person's eye when I have a 2x4 in mine. The thing is that when we judge someone or find fault in them we usually have the same issue in our own lives. (Romans 2:1-2)  I pray today that I will stop and judge my own life before I judge another, Lord please give me the understanding and compassion I need to accomplish this.

The Quote:
 "Do not speak evil of one another, brethren. He who speaks evil of a brother and judges his brother, speaks evil of the law and judges the law. But if you judge the law, you are not a doer of the law but a judge. There is one Lawgiver, who is able to save and to destroy. Who are you to judge another?" ~ James 4:11-12
The Drawing:

No comments:

Post a Comment