Monday, February 11, 2013

NEIGHBORS

Who is my neighbor?  A lawyer asked the Lord this question? Jesus the told the parable of the Good Samaritan.

In this world we live in today it isn't hard to find a neighbor like the one in the parable. There are hurting souls all around us. Many of us pass them by everyday. We are supposed to love our neighbor as ourselves. Does that mean that every homeless person we see or every beggar on the corner we should give money to, I don't think so. The Spirit will lead us to help them in the way they need to be helped. Maybe just a prayer and a kind word.

We have other neighbors that like the man who fell among thieves in the parable are broken, tired, and hurting; they do not show it. Their outward appearance is just like ours, they smile, laugh, joke, and on the inside they are all torn up. The Spirit can guide us to those people also. We have to be willing to help them also, even if we think, they can't possible need help they look so happy. There are people out there who can put on a good face, and secretly be in need.

Are neighbors only those who have problems? No! Do they all have to be friendly toward me? No! I look at it like this, I love everyone and I serve the ones God's Spirit tells me to serve. It may be a smile, a kind word, a prayer, a cup of coffee (tea for me now) or any other thing that is needed. The world is filled with about 6,973,738,433 neighbors.  I can't know or help them all, but I can love them. I pray God will help me have a loving spirit toward my neighbors and help them when I can. 

The Quote:
"When strangers start acting like neighbors... communities are reinvigorated." ~Ralph Nader
The Drawing:

  

No comments:

Post a Comment