Monday, February 4, 2013

SAVED

On Sunday nights we have been talking about being saved. This word means many different things. The Merriam-Webster dictionary says it means; 1. to deliver from sin; 2. to rescue from harm, 3. to preserve or guard from injury, 4. to store as on a computer, 5. to put aside or store or reserve, and there are more. In the bible this word has been used in all these ways.

Last night, as I was listening to the ideas being brought forth in the service and a thought occurred to me about daily salvation (sanctification). This is the salvation that keeps us from sinning over and over again, not eternal salvation (justification). John 3:16 says we have everlasting life if we believe all God has done for us. The thing is we are human and we forget, we need to be reminded daily that we are children of God and pray that we are kept from sin so we can please God. All that to say, I think this kind of salvation has more to do with being saved for something, set aside, reserved, stored. I thought of a safe, with valuables in it, saved for another time. God is saving me daily for something, He knows for what and why, and he will let me in on that secret in His good time. Today, I am saved, set apart for His use. I pray that the Lord uses me today and everyday for His honor and glory.

The Quote:
"who has saved us and called us with a holy calling, not according to our works, but according to His own purpose and grace which was given to us in Christ Jesus before time began," ~II Timothy 1:9
The Drawing:

No comments:

Post a Comment