Thursday, February 28, 2013

PURE

All of the versions of the bible that I looked at used the same word, pure in Philippians 4:8. It means just what you think it does, clean, without spot or blemish.

 At times I think that the world has so invaded my life that even my thoughts that should be pure are no longer that. I know that the more I try to not think impurely the harder it gets. Satan wants my thoughts to stay in the gutter. I want them to stay on God or to be Godly. How can I battle these bombardments of impurity that come to my mind... I have to get into the word of God, to meditate on it, to memorize it, and to live it. That doesn't mean that I will always keep my mind on pure things, I am human, I will fail, I do fail. It means I will have the words to shoot back at Satan just like Jesus did when Satan tempted him.

The Quote:
"We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think. When the mind is pure, joy follows like a shadow that never leaves." ~Buddha
The Drawing:

No comments:

Post a Comment