Saturday, February 9, 2013

CROSS

I have a Cross tattooed on my right hand. I had it done shortly after my first heart attack. It is small with a heart you can't really see in the intersection. I told myself back then it would be a witnessing tool and it has just not in the way I thought it would.

I thought when I would shake hands with someone that it might spark a conversation that would lead to my Lord Jesus. That has not happened but once, mostly because I don't shake hands very often with people and because I think people don't notice it, they have become accustom to seeing tattoos.

The kids in my class ask why I have an X on my hand. I tell them it isn't an X it is a Cross. Most of the time they say oh you have it because you love Jesus and I say yes.... Witnessing tool, Yay!

I have found that it is more of a witnessing tool for myself. Every time I see it I am reminded of all God has done for me. I think of His only Son dying for my life to be spared. I think of His Spirit that dwells in me, guiding me, if I let Him. I remember how many times I have forgotten to share his story when I had a chance and am ashamed. I pray that this Cross will become more of a tool that God can use through me. 

The Quote:
"Love always involves responsibility, and love always involves sacrifice. And we do not really love Christ unless we are prepared to face His task and to take up His Cross." ~William Barclay
The Drawing:



No comments:

Post a Comment