Monday, June 25, 2018

Providence, RI

So many people want to know why I am in Providence, RI. This post will explain it and will have a few photos. As with the last trip I took I have two cameras, and again I have no way to get the photos off the "good" one.... so I might make another post later with different kinds of shot.

The other day I wrote a blog post for the 100 positive words entitled Growing, if you haven't read it, and would like to, it is linked to the word.  In that post I say if you aren't growing you are dying, and that growing is the same as learning. My personal growth is why I am in Providence.

Those of you who know me personally and some who know me online, or read this blog know I like to draw.  You may even know that I love to doodle.  A few years back I came across a doodling idea known as Zentangle. The oldest photos I can find with dates were done in 2011... I thought I had started doing it long before then, but I will go with that date. So, for at least 7 years I have been using many of the methods of Zentangle in my doodles.

I have wanted to become a Certified Zentangle Teacher probably for the same amount of time. I just never had the time or the money until I retired this year. So here I am in Providence becoming a Certified Zentangle Teacher. This means many things that I will not share, but one thing it will allow me to do is officially share the art form and products with others. That is the most awesome part of this technique!

Rhode Island is one of the states I had not visited yet, so as a plus this state is checked off now. I have had fun walking around the town (when I am not in class) seeing the buildings and enjoying the weather. I have of course enjoyed Pokemon hunting which I know a lot of adults think is crazy, but it gets me walking and I have fun with it.

So, this is the reason for the trip to Providence. Thanks for reading. God Bless You! Enjoy the photos.... sorry if they are all in a line and scrolling is hard... I am tired and making a table just isn't happening tonight :)



































No comments:

Post a Comment