Saturday, June 23, 2018

Impressive

Many things can be impressive, "catching our eyes", or make us be awestruck.
making or tending to make a marked impression having the power to excite attention, awe, or admiration 
  • an impressive display of skill
God, does that on a daily basis for me... From the lowliest of His creations to the most majestic displays of His beauty that appear everyday, He impresses me. I look for Him to impress me daily and when "He" doesn't, I know it isn't that He wasn't wonderful, but it is me who is in the way of  seeing the awe of Him that day. I hope that makes sense...

When it comes to the lives we live are we impressive? Do we make an impression? Do we have the ability to make people want to pay attention? Do we invoke awe or admiration? I know we aren't called to be noticed, we are called not to stand out but to stand up. Being impressive has nothing to do with impressing people and everything to do with making an impression. I believe there is a difference. And whether we want to or not we all make an impression, for the good or the bad, that is a choice.

God wants us to be impressive enough to make people want to imitate Him by imitating us. To wonder why we are so different. To understand why, when we are going things that would cause people to cave under the pressure, we can still stand and be joyful.

Therefore I urge you, imitate me. I Corinthians 4:16
Imitate me, just as I also imitate Christ. I Corinthians 11:1 
Paul, want the followers of Christ to imitate him as he imitated Christ. Paul knew he wasn't all he should be for Christ, that he had committed some bad acts in his life, that should have made him unworthy to impress others. Yet, because of those indiscretions he was impressive and wanted people to imitate him.
This is a faithful saying and worthy of all acceptance, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, of whom I am chief.                   I Timothy 1:15
Am I living a life that is impressive... yes probably, but most of the time not in a good way. I want to be a witness for Christ not a stumbling block. So, what needs to change for that to happen. How can I be impressive so that people want what I have?

I need to be honest, in everything! I need to tell it like it is... If I am sad I don't have to show it in my words, on my face, or in my actions, but I need to remind people that it isn't a bed of roses to be a Christian. And even if it is... roses have thorns!

I need to share my life with others, the good and the bad. This doesn't mean telling very detail, but telling how Christ is in the details. Share how Christ made a difference in my life, and live like He did.

I need to give God the glory and praise for ALL He has done for me. The Bible says God is the author of our faith, He is not the one that sends the bad things in our lives. He orchestrates events to help us learn, but the bad things come when we follow the lusts of our old nature (James 1:12-18). So, whether we have good or bad in our lives when we give Praise to God for every situation, we are being impressive.

I know that most days I do not make sense in these ramblings... I try. I pray God can use these for His honor and glory.

Thanks for the prayers and Thanks for reading. God Bless You All!





No comments:

Post a Comment