Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Generous


I am sorry I have not written like I planned...the days have been full and long.... Here is the word for today even though it is late... and almost tomorrow. As a plus you might get two back to back!

Definition of generous

a characterized by a noble or kindly spirit magnanimouskindly 
  • generous heart
b liberal in giving openhanded 
  • generous benefactor

c marked by abundance or ample proportions

There is a lot to say about this word, and I am sure I will not do it justice. I will attempt to put my thoughts out there though. 

There is one who scatters, yet increases more;
And there is one who withholds more than is right,
But it leads to poverty.
25 The generous soul will be made rich,
And he who waters will also be watered himself.
The people will curse him who withholds grain,
But blessing will be on the head of him who sells it. Proverbs 11:24-26

Generous people will share whatever they have without expecting anything in return, the verses above shove that. The analogy of scattering has to do with sowing seed. The more seed that are sown, the greater the yield of crops. It is the same with generosity, the more you give, the more you get. It is very true you can't out give God.

"Give, and it will be given to you: good measure, pressed down, shaken together, and running over will be put into your bosom. For with the same measure that you use, it will be measured back to you.” Luke 6:38

With the same measure we use, God will use to return it to us. I think this doesn't just mean money. We can be generous in every part of our lives. In time, effort, love, and money too. In whatever mode we give it that is what will come back to us. Think about it this way, if you plant tomato seeds, you don't expect a lemon tree to grow.  So, if I give my time to someone, somehow down the line I will get some "extra" time. What ever you put out there you will get it back, and not just the same amount.... It is like cooking with brown sugar, you are supposed to pack it, God packs the measuring unit, He gives us more, our cup overflows. 

I think everyone reading this probably understands that, yet there are a lot of people in this world who don't. Whatever you give, good or bad, happy or sad, a kind word or hurtful words, it will come back to you in a larger portion. I have seen it happen, it has happened in my own life. We need to think about this and use it to our advantage. If you want good then you have to give good... if you are stingy, the you will receive little in return. If you are mean, you will be treated mean, but in a larger proportion than you gave it. That is something to think about.

Thanks for reading, please forgive me if it doesn't make sense.... I am very tired right now. God Bless You All!  



No comments:

Post a Comment