Sunday, June 10, 2018

Worthy

Today's word is Worthy.... I am so amazed at God and His timing... I have been thinking about grace, love, and the way God has made me worthy all week. The message this morning in Church was about Grace and how it makes us worthy in Christ.

Most of the time I have to admit I do not believe I am worthy of any of the goodness I have received from God. I feel like a worthless person most of the time. I know that is not how God sees me and that makes me smile. The world and Satan clouds what I know to be true over and over and I have to navigate through the clouds to get back to the truth that I am worthy. It is an ongoing process.

God sent His Son to make me worthy, to make you worthy, to make all the people of the world worthy! As a result I believe God is Worthy of Praise, Honor, and Glory. Yet so often I fail at giving Him all that He is worthy of.

Ephesians 2:1-10
And you He made alive, who were dead in trespasses and sins, in which you once walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit who now works in the sons of disobedience, among whom also we all once conducted ourselves in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, just as the others.
4 But Godwho is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), and raised us up together, and made us sit together in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, that in the ages to come He might show the exceeding riches of His grace in His kindness toward us in Christ Jesus. For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast. 10 For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.
But God.... let these verses sink in... let these words resound in your heart and mind...  I am worthy because of this... Love, Mercy, and Grace! I was a sinner, a child of sin, lustful and unworthy.... But God!

Thanks for reading! God Bless You! You are worthy!


No comments:

Post a Comment