Saturday, June 16, 2018

Honored


And if one member suffers, all the members suffer with it; or if one member is honored, all the members rejoice with it.                          I Corinthians 12:26

I am honored that you are reading this blog. I look at the stats on any given day not because I want to pat myself on the back, but so I can see if people are actually reading. I am amazed that people would follow this blog or read it once much, less multiple times. So I am honored, thank you! Since, I speak of God and spiritual things most of the time, I also hope and pray that all the people who visit are being blessed for God's honor and glory. 

Writing this blog gives me the opportunity to say things that I might not say out loud. At times the things I write may lead the reader to sadness, happiness, self-reflection, or anger. I am ok with that. Today may not be any different. When I started writing today, I didn't think I had much to say about this word; but as I wrote a thought came to mind so here it is....

I think it is important to give honor were honor is due, and to "call a kettle black" when it needs to be done. I think here in the United States were honor the wrong things at times. We put people or things on pedestals that should never be put there. I am not saying we should not honor the accomplishments of others, or hold them in high-esteem because of their position. We just go overboard at times. 

This action of honoring can cause many good and bad issues. Some people will take the honor and it will cause pride in their lives. Some will go the opposite direction and the honor will cause them to spiral down because they can not handle the attention or the spotlight that honor puts on them. And some people will except the honor humble and use it as they should.  

Many times we honor things without realizing it. When we put more attention on something, than is deserved, we are giving honor to it. And the things and people that really should get honor, like God, don't! 

I don't know if any of this makes sense, it is just what crossed my mind as I started this blog. I don't want honor, I am not writing this for my glory, I do it for God's glory and honor. I want everything I do to be to the honor and glory of God. I couldn't write this blog or do anything else for that matter if it wasn't for Him! Please give God the glory today and everyday for this blog when you take time to read it! 

Thanks for reading. God Bless You All!



No comments:

Post a Comment