Monday, June 25, 2018

Super

The word yesterday was supposed to be super... I will do it now and maybe later if I have time, I will write more about the things I am doing here in Providence, RI. The way I am going to approach this word is not new and not my idea, some of you may never heard these things and some of you might have. Where ever you are on the spectrum of knowledge, keep an open mind and heart, let these ideas have a chance. 

The word super brings the idea of something or someone that is "larger" than life, grand, awesome, like superheroes. Super heroes conjure visions of men (or women) in tight outfits running, flying, jumping, and swinging into hazardous situations to save mere man from certain death. And here is where I am going...

Most of the superheroes we know about, are men or women who were created in the minds of people looking for a hero to take care of a need real or not. The superheroes are just people who were given abilities, they were nothing special to begin with, in fact most were wimps! I guess there is a way to equate their lives to the life of a christian, who is given gifts and talents through the Holy Spirit, nope that isn't where I am going. 

There are more than this one superhero that were "born" strong, but Superman is the one everyone (I hope) knows about. Superman comes to earth from another planet that was destroyed. His parents protected him by sending him in a capsule to earth. When he was found he was a baby, as he grew they (his earthly family) notice his difference, his abilities. They taught him to hide them until he needed them. He became a mere human, Clark Kent. 

Here is where some of you may think I am a heretic. That is ok, because I know if I am wrong in my thinking God will let me know and if I am still alive I will apologize, until then I will hold to my thoughts. Superman could be a picture of Christ...
And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth. John 1:14
Therefore, in all things He had to be made like His brethren, that He might be a merciful and faithful High Priest in things pertaining to God, to make propitiation for the sins of the people. Hebrews 2:17 
Christ was, is, and will always be. He was not created, or born, so in that respect He and superman differ. He did come to earth as a baby, yet He was God. Superman was super when he was a baby... He put on the "mask" of humanity, just as Christ became human.  Both superman and Jesus tried to "hide" who they were, as they grew and went through their lives. Jesus didn't want people to go tell when he performed miracles, He didn't want the wrong people to start seeking Him out. Clark was the same way, he wanted to be "normal".  Christ knew when the wrong people realized who He was things would get rough and they did. Clark's life was the same. 

Superman would learn about something bad happening run to a phone booth or closet, take off his humanity to become superman. When the time came for Christ to help those around Him, off came his humanity, He let His true identity to shine, healing people and raising people from death. 

In the end, Christ takes off humanity for good, He lays down His life for all of mankind, even the "evil" people who have no desire to know who He really is. He goes to the cross with arms opened wide, He defeats death and the grave, He makes Satan and all His demons turn tail and run! He saved mankind with all He had and rose victorious. 

I do not think I got my point across very well, but maybe you get the idea. We in our lives look for superheroes to lead, guide, and protect us. We have the ultimate one that gave everything so that we could have Him! So we could live eternally with Him. His name is Jesus, and He is super!

Thanks for reading! God Bless You!

No comments:

Post a Comment