Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Lagniappe

Today you get 2 for the price of one.... and another drawing also...


After finishing this just a few minutes ago I wanted to write about it... it's creation, the problems... etcetera (etc)! So lucky you... Lagniappe!

I have drawn something like this before and had it on this blog...


I had forgotten how hard it was to draw a hexagon and as I searched for photos to inspire me the more I realized just how awesome our God is. The intricate pattern of a honeycomb is not easily recreated... God created the honey bees to be the masterful creators of this pattern... they create it with no issues; they don't measure out the details or ponder the lines... they just create it. It is their nature, it is who they are! God created them, they are masterful at honeycombs because of their Master! 

It took me three days to get the pattern right for the journal drawing at the top... 3 days and it is nowhere near what a real honeycomb looks like... I want to do this as a Bible journal page... I am really scared to... I will mess it up, I just know I will.... There is the self-esteem issue raising it's head again.... God created me... He is my Master.... He gave me a "talent" (cough, cough...) 

I want to honor God with my art, my words, my song, and my life.... if I mess it up will it be honoring. Or is this just another way to let my low thoughts of the abilities I have been given keep me from attempting. Probably... I hope you like the drawing and I hope that you get my point! 

Thanks for reading. God Bless You!



No comments:

Post a Comment