Monday, January 21, 2013

THOUGHTS

My bible study today was about toxic thoughts. In I Corinthians 10, the bible speaks about the weapons of our warfare not being carnal or made of flesh. The weapons that Satan uses against us and that we have to in turn use against him is our thoughts. We have to get rid of the toxic thoughts that Satan throws our way and replace them with good thoughts. That is why memorizing scripture is so important.

I have to admit that my thoughts often get the better of me. I have thoughts in my mind like a hall closet filled to the brim about to explode. The thoughts I have are not evil really, they just cause me to remember things I should have long since put aside, past failures and hurts. Satan is good at bringing those up in my mind causing me to have feelings I shouldn't. I need to meditate more on the Word of God, and memorize more of his promises so I can hurl them back at Satan when he flings his fiery darts at me. My prayer is God will help me work through these thoughts that so easily set me on the wrong path and replace them with His Word.

The Quote:
"Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart Be acceptable in Your sight, O Lord, my strength and my Redeemer." ~Psalms 19:14
The Drawing:

No comments:

Post a Comment