Saturday, January 5, 2013

SOLO

Have you ever felt like you were the only one to feel a certain way, or have certain problems. I feel that way quite often. It is human nature I guess. The thing is we are never alone in anything. We never go through anything that someone else hasn't, isn't, or will be going through in some other time and place. The other thing I have to remember is that I am never alone... God is ALWAYS there. Whether a person believes in Him or not He is always there, right by their side. He picks us up when we fall, and helps us when we call. He even carries us sometimes if we let Him. We are never going Solo while on this earth....NEVER!

The Quote:
One night I dreamed I was walking along the beach with the Lord.
Many scenes from my life flashed across the sky.
In each scene I noticed footprints in the sand.
Sometimes there were two sets of footprints.
Other times there were one set of footprints.
This bothered me because I noticed that during the low periods of my life
When I was suffering from anguish, sorrow, or defeat,
I could see only one set of footprints.
So I said to the Lord, "You promised me, Lord,
That if I followed you, you would walk with me always.
But I noticed that during the most trying periods of my life
There have only been one set of prints in the sand.
Why, When I have needed you most, you have not been there for me?"
The Lord replied,
"The times when you have seen only one set of footprints
Is when I carried you."  ~Mary Stevenson
The Drawing:

No comments:

Post a Comment