Thursday, January 17, 2013

BELIEVE

I believe.....

I believe in many things. I think it is important to believe in something. Believing is different from trusting, I think believing goes deeper that trust. I am going to state my beliefs about God and spirituality, these are my beliefs, I am not trying to push my ideas on anyone. I want anyone who reads this to understand where I get my thoughts and ideas. These beliefs are my foundation:

I. I believe the Bible is the divinely inspired Word of God given to men as a revelation of Himself. I believe it is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction and for instruction in righteousness.

II. I believe in the Trinity. I believe in God the Father, the creator of heaven and earth. I believe in God the Son, the giver of eternal life. I believe in the Holy Spirit who lives in me.

III. I believe Jesus God's Son came to the earth born of a virgin, lived a sinless life, and was crucified for my sins. He died on the cross and was placed in a tomb and arose on the 3rd day just as He promised. He now sits on the right hand of the Father. I believe Jesus is my Savior.

IV. I believe that one day Jesus will come again and take me to live with him! I believe one day every knee will bow and every tongue will confess that Jesus is Lord of Lords and King of Kings.

V. I believe the Holy Spirit lives in me and helps me to do the things God wishes me to do. He leads me in the paths of righteousness if I will let Him.

I believe that everyone reading this has a special purpose and their own beliefs that guide them. I believe you all have a right to hold those beliefs and no one should disrespect you for them. Just as I have the right to mine. I can tell you my beliefs and hope that we share some, that doesn't mean I want you to change. If everyone thought or believed the same, the world would be a pretty boring place I think. We need differences.... just as we need to believe!

The Quote:
I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.  ~C.S. Lewis
The Drawing:

No comments:

Post a Comment