Friday, January 4, 2013

STUMBLINGBLOCK

What a word! I don't know if it was the idea for the drawing that brought it up or the fact I am fearful that I am a stumbling block. Not sure why the Bible has it all one word there may be so significance in that. I know that I hate to think that I could be the cause of someone to stumble, or to miss a blessing. I know that just one word, a simple look, or action can be the cause of someone stumbling as much as a huge mistake can. To me the act may have been small, to the person who saw it or heard it, it was huge. Watching my step is the best I can do and being mindful of what I say or do and who is watching is important. If I try to live my life "right" maybe I won't be as much of a stumbling block as I have been in the past.

The Quote:
"Let us not therefore judge one another any more: but judge this rather, that no man put a stumblingblock or an occasion to fall in his brother's way." Romans 14:13
I really try not to judge, it is hard. I want to not be a stumbling block, if I judge I KNOW I will be one. So the first step to making a smooth and straight path for myself and others is to not JUDGE! Seems simple.... NOT! I judge so many times with out realizing it until it is too late.... Lord, Help me to not do your job!

The Drawing:
  

No comments:

Post a Comment