Tuesday, January 29, 2013

QUICK

This morning in my bible reading I was reminded that being quick to speak all that is on your mind is not a very smart idea. (Proverbs 29:11 & 20). I so often speak before I think, not only speak, I am sarcastic when I do it. I need to stop. Plan and simple, the words that come from my mouth in a quick fashion are usually toxic and hurtful. Even if I don't mean them that way. If I would let the meditations of my heart be on the LORD more this would not be the case. I am to quick to put aside the things that I know I should do, for the things I want to do. Instead of blasting out words that don't edify a person or give them a feeling of well being, even if the situation is strained  (an argument or for correction) then I am not speaking the way God would have me speak.  I need to stop and think before I speak, that is my prayer today!

The Quote:
"Of His own will He brought us forth by the word of truth, that we might be a kind of firstfruits of His creatures. So then, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath; for the wrath of man does not produce the righteousness of God." ~James 1:18-20
The Drawing:


No comments:

Post a Comment