Wednesday, January 2, 2013

LISTEN

Listening can sometimes be pretty hard. There are so many things that get in the way of my ability to listen. Thoughts flood my mind crowding out the important whispers for the moment.  Not only those from God which are the most important; those whispers of the people close to me and the ones who may need my help are hushed also. Even the whispers of my own body get pushed aside as unimportant at times because of all the other demands from other places. I need to learn to listen better to the important things. If I do that I think that the other things will fall into place where they need to be, especially if I listen to God first.

The Quote:
"Since God knows our future, our personalities, and our capacity to listen, He isn't ever going to say more to us than we can deal with at the moment."  ~ Charles Stanley
This quote reminds of this verse I Corinthians 10:13
"No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it."
The key is listening. I need to learn to listen to his words, and let them guide me. Most of the ones I need are right in the Bible, some come in thoughts and through prayer. I need to quiet the "chatter" of my mind and listen to the still small voice.

The drawing...

2 comments:

  1. Great Word and inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What wonderful inspiration, I was listening to some music, "Mike and the Mechanics" were singing. Here are some of the lyrics...."say it loud say it clear, you can listen as well as you hear."...my drawing that goes with this is posted on my blog...suzenart@blogspot.com
    peace,
    Sue O.

    ReplyDelete