Sunday, January 3, 2016

Prepared

Today, the bible reading was from Genesis 6-7, I know most people know this story. God saw the way man was living on the earth and corrupting His creations, He couldn't watch anymore. He was going to end it all and start over. Then He remembered Noah, that he was righteous and found favor in His eyes.

Noah was told to prepare for a flood. I am sure he was afraid, he had never seen rain before, much less a flood. Noah was told to build an ark. I am not sure what Noah's profession was, yet he did as He was told. It doesn't say if he had any help,  he did all he was told. He made the ark to God's specifications, he gathered the food he was told to gather. God sent the animals in the numbers He wanted on the ark. There were two of every kind of animal, male and female. There were 5 extra of all the clean animals. 

Noah was prepared, because he believed and had faith that God was God. He believed that He would be saved from the destruction. He prepared the ark, He prepared the food, and He believed His God. I think the most important part of Noah's preparation was his belief, his trust. One ounce of doubt could have been the difference in the salvation of his family and their destruction. I am glad that Noah had the faith and the ability to do all God told him to do. 

Today is my last day off. I go back to the "grind" of my job. Teaching is a wonderful profession and I am prepared to do my job. It is not as easy as some would say. I have to be prepared every day to do my job, mentally, physically, and emotionally. There is Spiritual part that I always prepare for also, because the devil can be so cunning and can catch me off guard if I am not careful. 

So I have prepared, my lesson plans are written, my lunches are prepared and in the freezer, and I think I am ready to face what ever may come my way in the months ahead. I will read my Bible and talk to my Lord and Savior everyday. I will pray for myself, my co-workers, and all the kids. This will be a good year, I am prepared. 

Thank-you Lord for helping me to prepare for the job you have given me. Thank you for the little lives and minds, you have entrusted to my care. Help me to be the teacher you would have me to be. Amen! 

No comments:

Post a Comment