Friday, January 1, 2016

Beginning

"In the beginning God...." Genesis 1:1
"In the beginning was the Word...." John 1:1
"The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge...." Proverbs 1:7

Today, is the beginning of the New Year.... It is the beginning of this "new" blog....

As I am beginning this "new" blog I want so much to try and remain positive. So as I am counting my many blessings I have had in years past and looking forward to the overflowing of blessings to come in this new year.

I think of what God did in the beginning of time as we know it.... He created!!! He created many beautiful things, the sun, the moon, the stars, the sky, birds, animals, plants, man, and woman.... The wonder and beauty of all His creations amaze me every day. I am so glad He gave me the will to create also. Even though my creativity could never be as beautiful as His. I love to create and I know He gets joy out of seeing the things I create. Thank-you God for my desire to create.

In the beginning was the Word... Jesus! He was there helping to create the universe. He was there and all the while knew all that would take place. How He would have to save mankind that He created. I am so thankful that He did. Because He did I can live eternally with Him. Thank you Jesus!

Thank-you Lord for letting me know you. For helping me have a healthy fear of you. Verses like the one from Proverbs sometimes gives people the wrong idea. This fear is the same as a child's fear of their parents, or an employee's fear of their boss. If you do something wrong you will be punished, right? It is the same with God, that is why I fear Him, it helps me to stay on the right path. I am not afraid He will hurt me, or that he is mean and vindictive. I believe he loves me as a parent and if I stray he will correct me.... this healthy fear of him is the beginning of knowledge. Thank-you Lord for this fear.

So it begins.... Lord, I pray you will be part of this process from now till the end, thank-you know for all you have, are, and will do for me in this new year! Amen!



No comments:

Post a Comment