Sunday, January 24, 2016

Gospel

What is Gospel?

The Greek term used in the bible is euangelion (eu- good, -angelion "message"). It was not associated with God until the time of Christ and the apostles. Today, the Merriam-Webster dictionary defines the word: 1. the message concerning Christ, the kingdom of God, and salvation. 2. a selection from one of the New Testament Gospels. 3. the message or teachings of a religious teacher. 4. something accepted or promoted as infallible truth or as a guiding principle or doctrine.

So what is the Gospel to me? It is a good message, and that good message for me concerns Christ and all He did for the world, for me! Here it is in a nutshell (only ten words)... "Christ died for my sins and rose from the dead." The is the reason Christ came to the earth, to die for me, and the world, then to rise to the Father, to secure a place for us in the heavenly realm.

Today, in church we talked about how the gospel is living, it gives victory, and vitality. Then it produces change and that effects our conduct. It is proclaimed by faithful servants to produce fruitful service. Questions were brought to the congregation: Is the Gospel working in our lives?  Are we living our lives based on the victory the Gospel provides? Is our lives overflowing with spiritual vitality? Is our conduct different as a result of the gospel in our lives? Are we thankfully sharing the gospel with others? For me the answers are not all yes... I strive for the yes...

Lord help me to live the Gospel daily. Help it to grow in me and produce fruit that can be seen by myself and others. Help me to share the Gospel of your love to everyone I meet. Thanks-you for every bit of the Gospel. Amen!



No comments:

Post a Comment