Thursday, January 21, 2016

Worship

Worship, what is it? 

The Merriam-Webster online definition states that worship is the act of showing respect and love for a god especially by praying with other people who believe in the same god. Or the excessive adoration for someone. Or extravagant respect or admiration for or devotion to an object of esteem. 

We can and do worship many things. We can worship things like cars, money, and power. Some people even worship themselves. I like to think that I don't worship anything but God. I know I am probably way off base though because I am human. 

Ok, so what does worship look like? Is it only prayer? Singing? I don't think so. I think that worship can be a lot more, reading the Bible, helping others, using your spiritual gifts, or something else. I think it is all of the above and more that, I am not sure how to explain. I want to worship God and only God. When I get to heaven I know I will be able to.

Thank-you Lord for being the object of my worship, however fleeting. Help me worship you more with my life daily. Make my worship and praise be a sweet sweet odor, like the sacrifices of old. Help me to live sacrificially for you. Amen! 

I thought I would represent the worship of God's people as individual bubbles floating to God. The colors represent the presence of God covering His people as they worship.  

No comments:

Post a Comment