Saturday, January 9, 2016

Coffee


Most every day I have at least one cup of coffee. That is at least 10 ounces a day. Most days it is more, and today is no exception, I have had 4 so far I think. I lost count with all the other stuff I am doing at the same time.

For Christmas, I gave my father a mug that said... "All I need today is a little coffee and a whole lot of Jesus." And that is the truth. A little coffee can get me through the day but I need a lot more of Jesus. I talk to Him all day, and I can tell when I am not getting enough companionship with Him. Things tend to not go like they should. 

If for some reason I feel the distance between myself and Jesus, it is not Jesus that has moved. He is right there beside me, I have just put a "wall" between us. I wish I could say that never happens, I wish I could keep my eyes on Jesus and let Him control all I do. Sadly, I don't and if people are really honest most of us who are believers don't. 

When things are rough we cry out to Him and because He is who He is he helps us, holds us, and comforts us. Then things get better and we start to build the wall... we talk to Him all the while we are building the wall, but as things get better we keep building. Then we feel we don't need Him any more, we have got this, all is well. Yes, we speak to Him, tell Him we love Him, but that is about it. 

Then things start getting off, troubles frustrate us, because we can't handle it by our self. We want to blame Jesus, where was He or why did He leave me alone.  He didn't... We built the wall, and now we have to tear it down, but Jesus is right there helping us. He loves us too much to leave us. 


Lord, I thank you for all the times you have been there for me. I ask forgiveness for all the times I have put a wall between us. I pray that you will help me tear the walls down and help me rely on you instead of trying to do things on my own. Amen. 
When I made the Courage card, I used this piece of deli paper as my "drop cloth". So today I used part of it for my background for this card.  

No comments:

Post a Comment