Saturday, January 23, 2016

Mask

Today, I watched some videos about using masking fluid. So I decided to get mine out and use it. I am sure the work will not be as wonderful as the ones on the video but oh well.... I am trying new things and having fun isn't that what matters in the "Art" process?

The idea of masks popped in my head. The masking process is putting down a fluid that covers an area and protects it from getting other mediums on it. it leaves the area underneath "original". I suppose that people may us masks the same way. they had the "original" or real person they are behind the mask and then no one can see who they really are. In some cases this may be a good thing, like for a naive person to not get hurt. In other ways it is bad.

I tell the children in my classes, especially those writing blogs, that people are not always who you think they are. That the Internet is a easy place to get in trouble, we have to be careful. People hide behind false masks all the time on the Internet. Our children are very tech savvy, meaning they can use technology quicker than most adults, but they are not people savvy. Goodness, many adults aren't even able to stay "safe" on the Internet.

We need to teach our children that the Internet is a great tool, but putting stuff out there can't be taken back. Whatever you post, a picture, a word, anything.... it is there, and anyone can and probably will see it. I tell the students don't put something in your blog that you wouldn't want your Grandma to know or see. And to remember if you put it out there for all to see and you get teased about it, it is your fault... Think before you post anything on the Internet! Good advice for adults too!

Lord, help me to teach my students to be able to use technology in the correct ways and to keep themselves protected as they do. Help me to love them they way you love them. Amen!


No comments:

Post a Comment