Saturday, March 23, 2013

SPACE

Space the final frontier.... Yes, I am a Star Trek watcher, although I don't think I would go so far as to dress up like a character. In Star Trek: The Final Frontier, Captain Kirk and his crew must deal with Mr. Spock's half brother who hijacks the Enterprise for an obsessive search for God. He did not know that he would find death during his impulsive and instinctive search. I know this is a Hollywood movie, I also know that people today are frantically searching for something to fill the God shaped hole in their hearts and lives.

I mention a while back that I was reading "The Pursuit of God" by A.W. Tozer, I am a slow reader so I am not finished yet. The book is filled with a lot to consider. Today's quote comes from my reading yesterday.  I have said it many times that GOD is everywhere. He fills all of space, there is nothing that can contain Him, other than our hearts. We don't have to search the ends of the earth or shout out across the galaxies for Him to hear us. He is right here. "No one is in mere distance any further from or any nearer to God than any other person."(Tozer). God is right here and right there, and every where. He hears our simplest whisper, and our loudest shout. There is no space between us, He is always near. Thank-you God for always filling the space with your presence.

The Quote:
"We need never shout across the spaces to an absent God. He is nearer than our own soul, closer than our most secret thoughts." ~A.W. Tozer
The Drawing:

No comments:

Post a Comment