Tuesday, March 12, 2013

PAIN

The are so many things in the world that cause pain. Many of those painful things are brought on by our own feelings, thoughts, and actions.

Most of the time when I am hurting it is not because someone else said or did anything to me. It is my own thoughts of perceptions of things that have cause it. Dealing with the issues that have brought up the pain is not easy. Meditation on God's word helps, prayer helps, in the end I have to allow my thought patterns to be changed and turn my emotions over so that they can be "fixed". No easy task, as a human being I want to hang on to these painfully things sometimes and wear them like a badge "honor". Oh poor pitiful me, see what I have had to endure. That is not what I want for my life; I want to get rid of my pain, by changing my feeling about things, getting rid of the envious thoughts, and making my actions fit those that God would have me do.

The Quote:
"Bad things do happen; how I respond to them defines my character and the quality of my life. I can choose to sit in perpetual sadness, immobilized by the gravity of my loss, or I can choose to rise from the pain and treasure the most precious gift I have - life itself."
~Walter Anderson
The Drawing:



No comments:

Post a Comment