Thursday, March 14, 2013

WALK

I walk in the afternoons after school. I don't walk very far by some standards, I do walk as far as I can for now. I want to walk farther, I just can't yet, I still get a little winded. For those of you who read this and don't know I had a Heart Attack (my second) Nov 30, 2012. I have been trying to exercise and eat even better since that time. Walking is one way I am doing that.

Walk in the Bible means a lot of things, from a physical walk to a spiritual journey. I want my walks physically to be healthy for my body and for my spirit. If someone is walking with me, I try to keep the conversation upbeat and on good things, sometimes we don't talk at all. If I am alone I usually have Christian music playing and I talk to God.

My Spiritual walk is a life long, it is how I act (good or bad) everyday. It has to do with the words that come out of my mouth and the thoughts that are in my head. My walk can lead me down the path of righteousness or a bumpy and scary path of unrighteousness. It is not always a pleasant walk, there are often hard times even on a righteous path. My walk can teach me something new or reinforce something I already knew. My walk can help others or can turn others away from me and from God (oh I pray that is not the case). My walk should always be in Faith knowing that God is right there with me every step of the way even if it doesn't seem like he is. I want my Spiritual walk to be pleasing to God, beneficial to me and those I meet along the way.

The Quote:
"But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin." ~I John 1:7
The Drawing:

No comments:

Post a Comment