Friday, March 22, 2013

FORGETFUL

I am getting so forgetful lately. I have forgotten a number of times to take my medicine in the evening, the bad part about that is I have an alarm set. I hear it in the middle of something important and I think I will go take it in a minute and then I forget. I forgot to put the trash out for pick up yesterday and now it will have to wait till next week. My mind goes so many different directions sometimes.

James talks about not being a forgetful hearer of the law or word of God. In order to do that there is a need to hide the word in your heart and mind. At my age it is getting harder to memorize the Bible or anything for that matter. I have a lot of verses memorized already, some in song that if I want to remember those verses I have to sing them, and that is okay too. I want to memorize more of God's word, so when problems and anxieties come into my life I can use the words of God to guide me through them. I pray that God will lead me in the verses I should memorize and in doing so I pray that my memory will get better about the other things I need to not forget!

The Quote:
"But he who looks into the perfect law of liberty and continues in it, and is not a forgetful hearer but a doer of the work, this one will be blessed in what he does." ~James 1:25
The Drawing:

No comments:

Post a Comment