Monday, March 25, 2013

ATTITUDE

We all have an attitude, many things can cause it to be good or bad. Yesterday, I saw a post by someone that said, "My attitude is based on how you treat me." I all I have to say is that that is so opposite the Golden rule it is not funny. It hurts my spirit to know that there are people I know that feel this way.

Our attitudes should be based on something more. I know it is hard to be kind sometimes, especially to those who have mistreated us or caused us pain. The bible says that we are to treat others like we want to be treated, not how we are treated. We should love others as we love ourselves. Our attitude should be one that says; ok you were not nice to me but that doesn't mean I should mimic your behavior. The bible also says if someone slaps you turn the other cheek, and if someone asks for your coat give them your shirt also, to forgive a person 7 times 70 times for the same offense. It is hard to have a forgiving spirit and the right attitude. I fail at it often, I am striving to improve. I want my attitude toward people to be based on how God loves me not how they treat me. Lord, Help me to have the right attitude towards others.

The Quote:
"Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference." ~Winston Churchill
The Drawing:
 

No comments:

Post a Comment